I am getting tired of all this talk about how religion is bad, gays should be able to marry, and women should be able to get an abortion on a whim. People are entitled to their opinions, that is true, but opinions are not fact. I'm fine if someone doesn't agree with me when I tell them I don't agree with them on the above issues, my problem is when they start telling me (or at least implying) that I'm stupid because of what I believe. One of my biggest problems is when they base their opinions on what is fair, instead of what is right. Life isn't fair, and it never will be.
I sincerely believe religion brings more happiness than atheism. I always like it when I'm told I'm an idiot for believing in a God. So what if I do? I would rather believe that someone is out there helping me through this life than to believe that I'm on my own. Another of the favorite arguments against religion is that it is too controlling, and it just tells you what to do, believe, etc. I disagree. Yes, there are the commandments, but last time I checked, by being taught to avoid drugs and alcohol, I am still a master unto myself, or being taught not to lie I have remained honest with my fellow men. Society and religion share many of the same teachings. The difference is, people are actually held accountable for their actions. By whom? By God. I think that's what so many are uncomfortable with. They want the freedom to do what they like, because the likelihood of being caught by law enforcement is relatively small, but God always know when someone goes against what they know is right.
Homosexuality is beyond me. This might be harsh, but I really do feel sick when I see homosexual interactions. I understand that homosexuals want to feel accepted and all that, but guess what? We live in a society that lives by majority rule. Or at least we used to. According to various studies, not even 10% of Americans identify themselves as being homosexual, bisexual, or transgender. Marriage is between as a union between a man and a woman. Why do we need to change that definition because less than 10% of us disagree? Aside from that, it is morally wrong. I hear the argument, "I was born this way," a lot, but that doesn't make it right. Murderers use that excuse all the time, too, does that mean we should make murder legal? Come on, America, let's stop catering to the minority.
Now abortion. Really, if we legalize abortion (except for rape or incest), we should legalize murder, because that's what abortion is. That's a bit extreme, you say. Not at all. No matter how far along in a pregnancy a woman is, their is a human growing inside her. The embryo, or fetus, or whatever may not look like a human yet, but there is human DNA in those cells. I don't understand how that doesn't make it human. Not having abortion be an option does not limit a woman's choices about doing what she wants with her body. The only thing it does is make her live with the consequences of the choice she already made. I'm sorry, but if you didn't want to be pregnant, maybe you shouldn't have had sex in the first place.
Anyway, I feel better now. Have a happy day!
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment