Where the dreams that you dare to dream come true

Where the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true!

May 19, 2013

Hitting the Ground Running

Time flies when you're having fun ... or at least keeping busy!

I can't say that the last few months have been the most "fun" I've ever had in my life, but they have definitely been some of the busiest.  From buying a house, to finding out we're having a baby, to Ryan graduating, it hardly seems like we've had a moments rest!  Although, compared to sitting at home with nothing to do, this is much better.

We bought our first, and hopefully only, house in March, and it has been so nice!  Even though we have to put in the yard and finish the basement, it is so much nicer than being in that tiny apartment we used to call home.  It will be a lot of work to finish everything, but I think that's part of the fun.  We get to finish it.  We get to have things the way we want them, not the way someone else wanted them.  We won't be able to really work on stuff for a while, but I am looking forward to when we will be able to figuratively sit down and do it!  We have already started doing some minor things to the yard, like planting flowers, and soon we plan on laying some bricks to make the patio area bigger.

Finding out we're having a baby was a pretty big shock, and if truth be told, one I was not very excited about.  Bring a new life into the world is an exciting thing, just not something I was planning on doing for a while, but I guess Heavenly Father had other plans.  It's still hard for me to think about becoming a mom in just a few short months, but I think I'm more excited about it than when I started.  Please don't hate me for saying this!  I know there are many women who would give anything to be a mother, and I realize how selfish it sounds to say that I'm not excited.  We all have our own trials and faults, and shouldn't judge each other based on them.

Ryan finally graduated!  He is now known as "Mr. Engineer."  I am so proud of my smart man, and all he does!  I already knew engineering is a hard field before I met him, but since hearing about all his classes and things he does at work, I appreciate more how hard it really is.  I don't think I could have passed half of the classes he had to take, and even though he didn't get the prettiest report card every semester, he passed them, and is all graduated with a good job!

Next week we'll be celebrating our three-year-anniversary.  I can't believe that it has been three years!  At times it feels like we just met yesterday, and others like we've been married our whole lives (in a good way)!  I look forward to many more years with this wonderful man, and the little parasite growing inside me right now!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment