Where the dreams that you dare to dream come true

Where the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true!

December 21, 2015

Merry Christmas, Grandma

This Christmas has been a bit hard for me.  This is the first Christmas without my wonderful Grandma.  While we weren't that close, and I wasn't very good about visiting her the last few years, she was a wonderful woman, whom I loved more than a realized while she was living.

Grandma always made Christmas fun when I was a kid.  We always had a visit from Santa before he went delivering his gifts around the world so we could have one last chance to tell him what we wanted.  She made each grandchild a little box of candy, and it was always the best.

While we haven't had Christmas at her house for a few years, just knowing she isn't here anymore makes this year different.  Although, I have been trying to not get too down about it, because I know she wouldn't want that.  She was always a happy woman, and would want me to happy, too.

I am so grateful for the true meaning of Christmas: remembering the birth of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  I am grateful for His life, death, and resurrection so that I can be with my Grandma again someday!

Merry Christmas, Grandma.  We all love and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment