Where the dreams that you dare to dream come true

Where the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true!

May 19, 2012

Week 1

Ryan has now been in Boise for one week and two days.

This last week really hasn't been too bad.  Okay, that's a lie.  It's been awful!  There was much weeping and wailing when we said good-bye, and it hasn't really gotten easier.  The one thing that has really kept my wits about me is my job.  I can't be too lonely when I'm at work for 90% of the day, ya know?

The worst day so far was Sunday.  I don't know very many people in my ward, so I just sat by myself.  I know church isn't about the social aspects of it, but it sure makes it hard going when you don't feel very welcome by your own ward members.

The best part is talking to him every night.  I don't like phone calls, and I generally avoid them when I can.  However, this last week, I have tried to come up with any excuse to let me call Ryan!  Even better than the phone calls was when we used video chat last night!  I know that it was just a picture, but it was so nice to see him again!

I'm not trying to complain, or try to be full of self-pity, or anything like that.  I'm just saying it how it is.  I'm sure that as the summer progresses, it will be come at least some what easier.  I hope that I will be able to make some friends at church, but seeing as I've been trying for the last year and no one is reciprocating, that doesn't seem very likely.  I hope that this experience will make me stronger, but I don't know about that either.  But I do know that I will always love Ryan, and I'm am fairly positive that this will bring us closer together and make us cherish each other even more!  (Sorry for the gushy, sappy ending! ;) )

Laura

1 comment:

  1. Awe! I'm sorry! I don't envy you, but I'm sure it'll bring you two together as well. I'm out of town the next week, but seriously, if you want to hang out, I'm more than happy too! I love ya! And I hope it's not too hard on you.

    ReplyDelete