I know this isn't the best written post ever. I had a bit of a hard time organizing my thoughts and putting my feelings into words. Anyway, here we go!
On Sunday (May 11), I celebrated my first Mother's Day. It was a great day! Ryan took good care of me, and made sure I felt loved and appreciated. After experiencing Mother's Day for myself, I think it might be one of my favorite holidays now.
Of course I have experienced many Mother's Days. I always got my mom a nice (or at least what I thought was nice) gift. We always got together as a family and celebrated Mom. We went to church, the primary sang their little songs about mothers, the speakers gave their cliche talks, and the women got a flower or whatever. That's what Mother's Day was.
This year was different. I think having a child of my own changed something in my brain. Now that I know more about what my mom went through raising my siblings and me, I can appreciate her more. As I sat in Relief Society and watched two videos (here and here) produced from the church, it hit me what big shoes I have to fill. There have been so many great mothers before me, and I hope I can measure up.
Motherhood is indeed the most divine work a woman can do. I am grateful to the Lord trusting me with His precious child, and I hope that I can live up to His expectations!
No comments:
Post a Comment