Ryan just got offered an internship at a company called Micron up in Boise, Idaho. We are very excited for this opportunity for him, but at the same time, I am feeling very anxious! I have never been very far from my parents for long. In fact, the farthest has been going to various church run camps. I suppose living out of the house being married to Ryan can could fall under that category, but we are only about ten minutes away at the moment. When we first got married, I even had a hard time with just that, so I'm sure you can imagine my anxiety at living about five hours away!
However, at the same time, I am very excited to branch out and take a step out of my comfort zone! Since being married, I think I am more outgoing and less timid than I was before I met Ryan. That is not to say that I am cured of my shyness, but I think that I have improved some. I am excited to see how I do in a completely unknown town and state. I think this will be a great opportunity for me to grow by myself and with Ryan.
Right now, my major concerns are where we are going to live, and what the devil am I going to do for 12 weeks?! Ryan's uncle lives up there, so we're seeing if he'll let us stay with him. Ryan's mom says it's worth a shot, but doesn't really think he'll let us. We can always find an apartment for three months, but that'll be tricky since we won't get a chance to go up there til right before he starts working. Oh well, I'm sure it will all work out. As far as what am I supposed to do? That one's a little trickier. Although it will be nice to have time off, I don't know if I can last three months by myself. This is where I hope I can prove to myself that I am less shy and maybe make some friends.
At any rate, I think this will be good for both of us in many ways. I am looking forward to May, but until then, I still have to continue with my real life...
Laura
Laura! You fink! Why didn't you tell me you started a blog!
ReplyDeleteYou'll be fine in Idaho. You could always get a part time job yourself. Just something to help pass the time a little.