Where the dreams that you dare to dream come true

Where the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true!

January 16, 2012

Something to Think About

Yesterday at Stake Conference, our stake president said something that really stuck with me.  He said that having the motivation to do something or get something done is not usually the problem.  He made the point that if you are thinking about it, you are already motivated.  The problem is the follow through.

I thought that was a very good and interesting point.  To me, it makes sense that if you're thinking about something, you're already motivated to do it.  This especially applies if it's one of those things that you think about everyday.  I'm one of those people who sit around and say, "Maybe I should do this some day," or, "Today I'll do whatever," and then I never do it.  I always blamed myself, thinking that I'm just not motivated enough to do anything.  I think knowing that I really am motivated to do things will help shut up the little voice in my head that tells me I can't do things, or that I shouldn't do something (meaning something productive).

My new goal for this year is to start doing the things that I'm already motivated to do!

Laura

1 comment:

  1. way to be motivated! now get off your lazy bum and do something :)

    ReplyDelete