Where the dreams that you dare to dream come true

Where the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true!

March 16, 2012

The Good Life

It has now been about a month and a half since I lost my job, which is hard to believe because the time has flown!  This has been the best month and a half I have had since graduating high school.  I was a bit apprehensive when I lost my job with the thought of all that free time, but I have enjoyed every minute of it.

 My scrap afghan!

I know that I should be using my free time to find an internship, but instead I've been using it to finish some projects.  So far I have already finished an afghan for my sister-in-law and started and finished one out of scrap yarn that I had.  I have also almost finished a cross stitch project I started about 3 years ago, but haven't had time to work on.  The other day, I got a book that has 300 different crochet stitches so I can make up my own patterns.  I am very excited to try out the different designs, and I already know what I'm going to do for my first project from it!

So far I haven't had any luck with an internship, but that's okay.  I've pretty much given up hope that the people at Myriad Genetics will call, but I just applied to Nelson Labs.  I interviewed there last summer, and I think they really liked me there, so I am hopeful that they will at least call me for an interview.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment