I finally was able to get an internship! I started April 9 at Nelson Laboratories. They are a microbiology company that does testing on medical devices, so anything that would be used on or around you in a hospital, human tissue, or just household things like band aids or tissues. I can't really go into anything specific due to legal things, but that's an idea anyway. They test the products to make sure that they are as sterile as the company claims they are, and if anything grows, they send it the the identification (IDs) lab, which is where they put me.
So far, I am really enjoying it! I have had my eye set on Nelson's for about three years now, so I am I so happy to be working there! To add to that, I have had a few labs in school where we learned to identify bacteria, and I really liked those labs, so it just tickles me pink that they put me in that lab.
To make things even better, today I took my final final! I am completely done with classes, now I just need to get all my internship hours. I will be graduating this summer, and I am so excited about that! I never thought I would be done with school, and now I am. The idea is still really weird! Just last year I was thinking I might not be done with school til next year, and now I'm basically done! I'm not sure what I'll do with myself when fall comes around and I won't have to sign up for classes, but I'm looking forward to it!
The one downside to my life right now is that Ryan is leaving me in about two and a half weeks. He's going up to Boise, and leaving me for the summer. What a bummer. I'm pretty sure it will be the longest twelve weeks of my life, but I know that it's an amazing opportunity for him to have his own internship. Hopefully I won't be too lonely, but we'll see how it goes! :)
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment