Where the dreams that you dare to dream come true

Where the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true!

November 9, 2013

30 Days of Thanks - Days 3-7

Day 3:
I am thankful for the Gospel.  I know I don't have the answers about everything, but I still think it makes the most sense of anything out there.  It brings peace and hope into my life, which are both rare things in this day and age.  I don't know where I would be without the knowledge that I have, but it probably wouldn't be anywhere good.

Day 4:
I am thankful that daylight savings ended, especially when it did!  I think daylight savings is a silly tradition that is no longer really needed, however, this fall it worked in my favor!  I always enjoy getting the extra hour of sleep when it ends, but this time around it was very helpful.  I wasn't sure how I was going to get to work by 9 until I learned daylight savings was ending the day before I started work again.  That meant that I could wake up at 7 and feel like I was getting up at 8, plus Baby doesn't know about daylight savings, so her sleep schedule makes it so she naturally wakes up at what is now 7-7:30!  I love how that worked out!

Day 5:
I am thankful for my job.  I knew it would be hard to work and be a mom, but it is a lot harder than I thought it would be.  Call be a bad mom, but it's not because of leaving my baby either, I actually enjoy the break.  It is very physically draining, but I hope that after a bit that I will get used to it.  Putting all of that aside, I really love my job!  I love the work and the people I work with.  I feel very lucky to say this, since I don't think many people truly like what they do.  I don't know how long I can keep this up, but I hope to be able to until we have our second baby at least.

Day 6:
I am thankful for Ryan's job.  I am so happy that we are both done with school and that we both have good jobs.  I am grateful that Ryan still has a job, since earlier this year there were some cut backs and furloughs at his job.

Day 7:
I am thankful for my house.  I never thought I would be able to buy a brand new house, but this year I did!  I am thankful that Ryan and I have been able to work hard and save to achieve this dream.  I look forward to finishing the basement, putting in the yard, and everything else that will make our house the home we've always dreamed of!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment