Where the dreams that you dare to dream come true

Where the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true!

November 26, 2013

30 Days of Thanks - Days 8-14

My plan to do this once a week didn't work out so well, so now I have a lot of catching up....  Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes!

Day 8:
I'm thankful for friends.  I don't get out as much as I would like, but I love when I'm able to get together with friends and talk about the good ol' days.  Maybe I live too much in the past, but I love reminiscing!

Day 9:
I'm thankful for food.  I love eating, and I love that I'm able too eat in the first place; that there is food on my table every day, morning, noon, and night.

Day 10:
I'm thankful for in door plumbing, especially with the colder temperatures coming upon us.  Not only are flushing toilets great, but also running hot water!  I love a hot shower any time of year.

Day 11:
I'm thankful for my health.  Recently I had a health assessment at work for my insurance, and I was able to see just how healthy I really am.  Other than not getting sick very often, my health numbers were all pretty good, which made me feel good inside.

Day 12:
I'm thankful for my education.  I am so grateful to Ryan and my parents who encouraged me to finish school.  Even though I'm still convinced I could have got a job with just my associates, I doubt that I would be the awesome one I have right now!

Day 13:
I'm thankful for bacteria.  I know that sounds weird in this overly clean society of ours, but they are very misunderstood organisms.  Just because a tiny percentage can cause illness, the whole lot of them are labeled as bad.  Without them, we wouldn't be able to digest our food, we would get sick a lot more often, and a dead things would just pile up.  I don't understand germaphobes, and I'm not sure if they realize that there are more bacterial cells in them and on them than their own cells, and that with out them, they would be dead.

Day 14:
I'm thankful for my bed.  It's a pretty comfy bed, but even if it wasn't, it would still be better than sleeping on the ground or a park bench every night.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment